Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Sometimes it is easy to be aware of new beginnings-starting school, a job, a marriage, having a baby, going on a short-term mission trip, etc.  

Sometimes it is not so easy, but I have been asking God to make me aware of the new thing He is always doing, because He is about making all things new (Rev. 21:5).  The other day it hit me that we become old when we no longer look for the newness around us.   We lose the child-like wonder of the gift of a new day or  a beautiful flower.

We have all seen people  around  us-no matter what age-who have grown "old" because nothing is new to them anymore.  

There is no sense of wonder.  Sometimes we don't think we like change, but every cell is in a constant state of change-living things change, and that is part of the miracle of life. There is something of the infinity of God that is  revealed in the continuous cycles of change we experience-both within and without.  

Isaiah 43:18-19 talks about not just looking at the things of the past, but beholding  the new thing that God is doing. The phrase that  captured me was-"now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it?"  I often live so unaware.   

He tells  me:

If you will look, you will see-
If you will listen, you will hear-
And if you will be still-you will know that I AM GOD.

Join me in the treasure hunt of discovery-following
after our eternally creative God!  May you look for Him and 
find Him at work in all the new that He is doing in your life!

Here's to a renewal of wonder in our days!

No comments:

Post a Comment