Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Testimony of an Urban Plunge Participant

Following a recent weekend Urban Plunge trip, one participant shared this testimony with us:


The Urban Plunge isn’t something you do; it’s something you experience, something you feel, something you see. It wasn’t easy for me to write about this; because honestly how do you describe in detail what your heart feels? We, as a group, heard amazing stories of how God was at work for them. Each ministry has been touched so lovingly, so gently by the grace of God. 
Out of everything we experienced, all we saw, each ministry we listened to, what has stayed with me and been the most powerful was the church of the Empty Tomb. You saw all walks of life. Every nationality, every race…every “class” of people, from those who had a warm house and a bed to go home to, to those with nothing but the trash bag they came in with. You smelled the fragrance of life and saw it on their faces. Everyone in that church had a story. They were all there to come together and praise our Lord and Savior. They all believed! 
I love my church; I feel that this is where I was meant to be. But last Sunday, I was EXACTLY where I was supposed to be. I felt His presence so strongly there. In Matthew 18:20 “for where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” And that is so true. He is here with us, but never before have I felt His warmth, His love so strongly as at that church. I had a smile on my face so wide I think the corners of my mouth actually touched my ears. My cheeks ached. I cried, I laughed, I sang, I praised God, I praised Jesus…and I thanked Him for His mercy, His love, His compassion. 
The Holy Spirit is alive and bright within me!! John 8:12 “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” I will take that light and go light my world. God is great, God is wonderful. I KNOW, because I met him last weekend. 
Do I recommend the Plunge? Yes! If your heart is willing and open, then jump in with both feet!!!


Thanks, Nancy, for sharing about how the Plunge impacted you.

If you're in the U.S. and haven't experienced the Urban Plunge, yet, check out: www.urbanplunge.com.  We'd LOVE to have you!





No comments:

Post a Comment