Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eyes Open: Check. Ears Open: Check. Heart Open: Check.


The Perspective of a Christ For the City International Summer Intern


A quick introduction is necessary as I am the newest member of the Christ For the City International family.

Name:  Emily Ann Koopmann
Title:  Summer Intern at Christ For the City International
Background:  Recent graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln - Studied Marketing and Economics.  Originally from Raymond, NE (pop. 236) Only child of Kevin and Ann Koopmann.
Favorite Things to Talk About:  Jesus.  Diversity.  My Friends.  The Bachelorette.
Future Plans:  Looking to have a full-time job in Chicago while attending Moody Bible Institute to study  Intercultural and Urban Studies.

My Story:

I grew up in a Christian home, but became a Christian in July 2011.  It was during my junior year of college that I began to feel the emptiness of a Christ-less life and was blessed to have friends ready to pick me up, dust me off, and set my feet firmly on the rock that is a relationship with Jesus.  I reevaluated relationships, changed habits, and should have been less surprised by the security I found in depending on someone who is wonderfully perfect.  God is good.  His timing is marvelous.  His teachings are without fail.  And I am none of those without Him.

Here Today:

Here today at CFCI, I celebrate my first job that holds Christian values and motives.  I love talking about life and faith and it is still a pleasant surprise every time I realize that I am surrounded by believers every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.  I can just bring my Bible to work and read it when I need a quick break?  I can send out prayer requests over email to the entire office?  You want to know about my life, my walk, my struggles?  A woman in the office just went where?!  JERUSALEM?!?
THIS PLACE IS SO COOL!!!!  YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL!!!!

My summer internship at CFCI has been a wonderful first stepping stone into the life of full-time ministry I plan to pursue.  During the three days of the week that I am here I always try to soak in as much information as possible.  I keep my eyes open, my ears open, and most importantly my heart open.  The tremendous staff here at CFCI care about my heart and that is apparent in so many ways.  As I learn more and more about CFCI, the people who are a part of its mission, and myself, I thank God again and again for this opportunity.  He is so faithful in the ways He provides and this smiling, loving, gospel-centered family He has given me through Christ For the City International is just one of the many examples of His faithfulness that I can store up in my heart.


Philippians 1:9
And this is my prayer:  that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight

Thank you CFCI for fostering growth in my love for Christ by blessing me with knowledge and experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment