Friday, June 29, 2012

Simply Go.... And Receive Much

Christ For the City is extremely blessed to have some awesome Short-term Individuals that give of themselves to serve with us on the mission field.  One such person is Sabrina Slater, who just recently arrived to Brazil.  The following is an excerpt from a post of hers titled "Lessons from the Amazon... Day 2".
In the silence of not yet fully understanding and having command of Portuguese, all I can do is talk with GOD, all I can do is meditate on His word, all I can do is pray.  Ah, may I seek Him at all times, but may the lessons of the silence permeate the rhythm of my life.  Behold... "See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland" (Isaiah 43:19).  
If you would like to follow Sabrina's blog, head on over to: sabrinaslater.tumblr.com.  I'm sure she'd love to have you!


Sabrina's not the only one being impacted.  Pam Tullman, who's serving over in Peru, is, too.  A couple days ago, she shared the following story:
On Saturday, I worked with about 40 kids, ages 9-12.  I showed a short video, and shared on the topic of dreams, and trusting God with our lives.  I did a symbolic activity with the kids.  Jamie, a new friend from the church, made a big tree.  I had each kid put their hand (with paint) on the tree like leaves as a way to give God their lives.  They all made the decision to hand over their dreams and futures to the Lord, trusting that no matter what they go through in life, God's plan is best.  Sometimes, life will be hard and we won't understand why things are happening the way they are, but we have to truly know and believe with all of our heart that the Lord is in control, and is worthy to be trusted.  It was beautiful to see 40 kids placing their lives and futures in God's hands.
 Such a cool story, Pam!  Check out what else she has on her blog: followingavision.wordpress.com.

Does being a Short-term Individual with CFCI interest you?  If so, find out more information on our website.   We can't wait to serve with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment