Thursday, May 21, 2015

Repost: Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory!

Yes, this is an oldie - it's also a goodie. Enjoy!



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


You know that Israel was exiled due to her own disobedience and rebellion – so what about us?


How many times do we know what to do, but don’t or choose not to do it. How many times has God been faithful to us to send people into our lives to help us and we have ignored the advice?


Lots.  It’s like the Lord is about to bring in a victory in my life and I screw it up and turn it into defeat. Literally sometimes I feel like I “snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.”


Do you ever feel like that?


When I reflect on why this is true in my own life I come find that most of the time it is due to selfishness and pride. Very few times is this due to ignorance.


As this is true with me I am sure that you too have experienced this in your own life.


Paul had this same problem too – but he also knew the solution. Mediate on Romans 7 and 8 and see if you can find the answer.


For one simple way to make sure that you do not snatch defeat, partner with the ministry of CFCI through a financial donation. You'll be glad you did!
 Support the ministry of CFCI - and enjoy the victory!



No comments:

Post a Comment