Friday, January 2, 2015

God's "Moving" Me

by Rachel Tonhorai

Though for a while, Rachel was a fixture of the office, she has gotten married and moved to Dallas. We miss her, but are comforted by knowing that she is following God's Will for her life at this time. With that in mind, we thought it would be appropriate for her to write a little something about transition as we move from 2014 to 2015.

Wow! What a year 2014 was! It has been fun reflecting on all that God has done for me over the last 12 months. He has been faithful every step of the way! God has provided me the opportunity to travel to a handful of new places, He has given me new life-long friends, He has united my best friend and me in marriage last month, and He has moved us to a new state.

Although there have been a lot of life changes this year, God has provided. He has provided amazing friends and family to help us celebrate our new life commitment to each other. He provided movers to transport our items and car to the new city where we are starting married life. He has given us a spacious apartment to live in and start our new life together. He is so good!

While moving to a new city is exciting because everything is new, it is can also be rather frustrating not knowing where you are going! One of the first things I bought after moving here was a GPS. I bought this thinking I wouldn’t get lost. Wrong! I have gotten lost so many times with the GPS because I miss a “slight” turn. I then get frustrated because I don’t know where I am and how to get where I am going. I have to wait for the GPS to re-calculate the route.  I feel like it is here when God shows up. He has been there for me at my lowest point and when I have been frustrated the most. He continues to provide his love, grace, and guidance when I am at this point. He knows that moving is difficult, but wants, me to turn to Him and “pour my heart to Him, for God is my refuge” (Psalm 62:8). I am learning to let God be my guide in this new city. I know he has a plan for me here, and He is revealing it to me one day at a time.

 "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

God has given me a small victory. The other day I drove to the local grocery store. I went the way I knew, but decided to be adventurous and take a different way home. I wasn’t sure how it was going to work out and had my GPS handy just in case I got really lost. Luckily I didn’t need the GPS. I kept turning on streets that I knew and before I knew it, I was pulling into the entrance to the apartment complex. This is just one small victory that God has provided for me.


I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us in 2015, what He will provide for us, and what we will be singing praises for! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 


Edited by: John Michael Den Hartog

No comments:

Post a Comment