Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rescuing Anna


"My dad was an addict who never stayed in the house. When he was there, it was to steal and sell our food to maintain his drug habit. My brothers were involved in selling drugs. In my home, there was also prostitution, alcoholism, and violence. A week before I turned seven there was a party at my home with drugs. My father was murdered by my brother over a drug problem at the party." 


After her dad's murder, Anna describes herself as full of hatred and resentment. At age 9, she started using drugs and ended up on the streets with a crack cocaine addiction. 


"One day, while I was hopeless and in a dirty coffee field, I sought help at Renacer." 


Renacer is a CFCI ministry in San Jose, Costa Rica. It's a residential program for street girls. Renacer means "rebirth." That's what happens there - girls are reborn...emotionally, educationally, spiritually. They are surrounded my loving, caring people who share the love of Christ with these forgotten girls. They learn about God's unconditional love for them.  


"I want to tell you that this process was not easy. I made many mistakes. I had cloudy days while my many wounds healed and I began to make good decisions in my life. Many times I wanted to throw in the towel and give up, but God was with me always and raised me up when I messed up, gave light to my darkness, healed my wounds, gave love to my pain, and joy to my sadness. 


"Thanks to all who have believed without knowing me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment