Saturday, August 29, 2015

Transformation Testimony: Drunk Turned Disciple

By Barbara Rowe

Juan Carlos is a young man I met on the street. He was begging me for money to buy another drink. I refused the donation but stopped to talk to him, about his life and how he was wasting it away on alcohol. Over a period of months I became his friend, and he began to turn to me for help. He wanted to leave alcohol behind and live a more fulfilling life.
Now, two years later, Juan Carlos is making progress with that goal.  He has suffered several relapses, but each time is able to extend his sober time, most recently almost to a full year.
Anderson Mateo
Now Juan Carlos has a new swing in his step, and a pride in his baby son, Anderson Mateo, born only a few months days ago.  As Christ For the City International missionaries, Alex Guerrero and I provided transportation to and from the hospital, for which Juan Carlos and Ingrid (the baby's mother) were very grateful.

You never know what a day will bring.  I find that to be particularly true as a missionary.  Our job is to serve, as Jesus served, without judgement or prejudice, and with a lot of love.  I am grateful to all of you who make this ministry possible, through your prayers and donations.

Together, we can continue to make an impact for good on the youth here in El Salvador! Click the picture below to partner with Christ For the City International!



No comments:

Post a Comment