Tuesday, June 9, 2015

(Short-Term) Missionary Testimony - Tijuana, Mexico




My name is Terese, I am 21 and from Denmark. 

Before I went on my mission trip to Tijuana, Mexico I was a little worried because I didn't know what the people would be like. I didn't know if they would like me; what my job would be; and if I would like it there. However, I was sure God was leading me, so I trusted Him - even though He was leading me a little out of my comfort zone. 


Before I went, I was excited to see what He had in store for me. Though I had some expectations, I never could have predicted all the blessings He had in store for me! 


Firstly, I have been a part of a ministry with a God-centered heart. God is doing so many great things through the people here. The pastor's family, with whom I spent a lot of my time, are such sweet people. The whole church family has been so welcoming and good to me. They still are! 


Secondly, I have been a part of building houses for families. Before, four people were living in a  room of that was ten square meters or about the size of a closet. I saw a church building being built in a weekend, and people getting free dental and medical care who otherwise couldn't afford it. 


Thirdly, I have seen many willing hearts being used by God for great things. I have seen Americans using a whole weekend doing mission work in Tijuana - even middle schoolers burning with a passion for mission work - and others devoting their life to being a part of God's work down here. It is amazing! 


And best of all, I have had the chance to build relationships with my family in Christ - young and old - from the other side of the world. God has blessed me so much in my time here. I am thankful! It is amazing what God is doing here in Tijuana and all around the world. He is good. To Him be the glory!


Terese is spending more than two months in Mexico. This is her fifth mission trip, but her first one to a Spanish-speaking country. She heard about Christ For the City International through viva.org.

CFCI does a lot of work like this all around the world! To support this process of discipleship and ministry support, click the link below. 



 Donate to CFCI's ministry now!

No comments:

Post a Comment