Friday, July 11, 2014

God's Healing and Provision

Our most recent guest post has been written by Angie Busch, our missions coach at the CFCI headquarters. (We were just so encouraged by it that we couldn't help but put share it with all of you.)



 Proverbs 3:8 
Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.

The last few years have been anything but easy for the Busch family. We have had a variety of struggles, particularly with our health and various family difficulties, but through it all, God has remained faithful. I wanted to give you a glimpse of the things God has been doing in our lives.

 Psalm 36:5 
Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.

God has provided for our family, even in little things like milk. While milk doesn’t sound like much, it is huge. A while ago, after we prayed and decided that we were supposed to take our nieces under our wings, our sweet neighbors started to supply us with two gallons of milk every week! That was six years ago, and we still get those two gallons every single week. Their simple faithfulness has been a huge blessing to us.

God has provided for our family by paying bills for us, providing meals for us, giving us an amazing group of Bible study friends, and showing us new ministry opportunities. And the list goes on! We are overwhelmed by all of the God’s blessings in our lives.

So, in October of 2012 I had neck surgery. Since then, I have had terrible neck pain and occasional migraines. The last few months, my migraines were almost daily, and my neck pain was severe.

 The amazing thing about working at CFCI is that they were always willing to pray for me. I was not healed instantly, but each time that I was prayed for, my head and neck felt better. I did also get put on medication. Friends at work and church continued to pray, and my migraines continued to lessen.

 Then I got an antibiotic-resistant staph infection (MRSA) on my arm. Then shingles. I thought things were getting better, and then suddenly, I was bedridden and in a lot more pain.

Yes, I was a discouraged! But through this whole situation, God was protecting me. Because I got MRSA, the doctors found the shingles right away; I was sick only for a little more than a week. I just required a lot of much-needed rest. Anyway, after all that, I didn’t have as many headaches.

Then today I woke up with a terrible migraine. I went into work, and Dick asked Sheila and Sandra to come and pray for me. After they prayed, my headache and neck ache instantly went away. God is the great Physician and I am forever grateful for the amazing things that he is doing in our lives!

This post originally appeared on jeffandangielivingbyfaith.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment