Monday, May 12, 2014

Love God, Love People

Recently at a conference in Phoenix, I heard a speaker say something like this, “Your love for God is measured by your love for people.” In other words, how much you love people really demonstrates how much you really love God. It’s another way to describe the Great commandment – Love God, Love People. As I’ve been thinking about this, I thought about a legal proceeding. If we were charged with loving God, could they find enough evidence to convict us? James in the Bible talks about this same issue in the 2 chapter of his book. Some people say they have faith (love God), but where is the proof? I on the other hand have abundant proof, works (love people) which demonstrates my love and faith for Him. As I work with different churches and cities, I try to find what is working. How are churches demonstrating their love for God? Is there enough evidence in the community to convict them? I’m afraid to say that most would be acquitted due to the lack of evidence. What about your personal life, your good works? Is there enough to convict you? I challenge you to live your life in such a way that if they took one good look at your love for others, they would promptly lock you up and throw away the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment