Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's Stopping Me?? (Maybe the Holy Spirit?? !!)


Things don’t always go the way you want them to – do they!


I think the Lord will solve a problem one way and BOOM He does it another way and things turn out better!

On a recent trip we were at the gate and ready to go when the pilot came on and said the plane could not fly due to mechanical issues and we all had to deplane, reclaim our luggage, and rebook our flight! What a headache! It was no fun but in the end I got to fly first class and got to my destination early!

I think God has a sense of humor.

The trick I have learned is that I try to do my life the way God wants first, depending on the Holy Spirit and his sovereignty to lead me. I try not to “do my life…….” I depend on Him to do it for me and watch for His clues first.

That does not mean I don’t plan my agenda or prepare for the battle of managing CFCI, but it does mean that I acknowledge I don’t know it all or can do it all and I should not lean on just what I know, but lean on His ways and His understanding of how I’m to lead and do life.

I make my planned choices and handle my circumstance by His empowering directions and sticking with as many biblical principles vs. man made principles that I know. I listen too, I read, I mediate, that I seek advice from my staff and board members and there I find the path I am to follow.  

Remember that practice may not make you perfect, but it does give you wisdom to make future decisions. It moves you to a higher level of thinking, performing and quality results.  I found out that I have to simply include God in all of what I think and practice. It takes an extra daily effort to get Him included, but the bottom line is that He appreciates this effort and He will not fail you. He makes no mistakes and He wants and desires the lead. Listen and follow because allot of fruits are going to be produced.

Just as our faith is a day by day process in the development of our birth into the Kingdom of God on this earth (we are no longer of this world by the way) and one day into the Kingdom of Heaven, so it should be with our special relationship with the Holy Spirit. 

Peter, one of Christ’s apostles, found that they only way he could do his calling were by being empowered by the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul did as well and it's all available for us. Let’s get on with this most important game because He’s ready to open the door wider than ever before for you.
  
What’s your next move?

Keep looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment