Wednesday, April 3, 2013


Pray, Play and a Spark of Hope

by Shannon Jordan, CFCI short-term missionary in Bolivia

Only if my interaction with the kids on the street I have met is a temporary bit of joy, happiness and peace for them then my my mission to Cochabamba is being fulfilled. Do I think they will remember the funny lil white girl that plays, dances, loves on them, prays and at times feeds them? Yes I do. The times they have scurried through the city with me, all of us clinched arm to arm locked together.... the looks from the Bolivians!!! If looks could really kill this gringo along with my lil street kiddos would be laid out on a Bolivian street!

Thank the Good Lord He does not look at our outside appearance! Jesus loves ALL His children .... With all of our flaws. Love is helping any person toward Christ.
The lost, hungry, homeless are not just here they are at your back door and mine wherever we are living right now.

Although.... You don't have to wait for a feeling of "love" in order to share Christ with a stranger. The stranger is created by our Heavenly Father but separated from Him. I personally go out to share about Jesus because I love Him and want to share what has so freely been given to me.

At times, even here, I have found myself complaining.... complaining about the simple things that I take for granted.

Philippians 1:29 reminds me:

I want to love as Jesus did and be willing to suffer for doing as He did. You see as Paul wrote, suffering is a gift of God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment