Friday, January 11, 2013

It All Began With A Prayer
College graduate, white, single, female...what's a christian mission minded girl to do?  Well she prayed.  She asked God, "what do YOU want me to do now?"  God answered that prayer and MORE for Short-term Missionary Lauren Lee who is rounding out her one year commitment of mission service with CFCI Argentina.


Lauren writes in her first mission blog post, "I had the privilege this summer to study abroad in London, England. One weekend a group of us took a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland; a beautiful place filled with character. Sunday morning, the last day of our trip I set out to hike Arthur’s Seat. I eagerly walked to the top where I was surrounded by: the city of Edinburgh, the Scottish countryside and the North Sea. I was overwhelmed by God’s beauty. I sat on the rocks facing Edinburgh, opened my bible and prayed. I read Psalm 105 and Isaiah 6. The Psalm spoke to me. I was in awe of God’s glorious power and my heart was singing praises to all that He is! It was very windy at the top. At that moment I felt the Lord placing something upon my heart. I prayed, “God what are you trying to tell me? What do you want me to do?” I began praying Isaiah 6:8,
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” I was filled with excitement and joy not realizing what just happened. The Chris Tomlin songs “Take My Life” and “I Will Follow” popped into my head and I sang them all the way to the bottom of Arthur’s seat."
Lauren's search led her to Christ For the City International where she currently serves with the Argentina missionary team.  Lauren has become somewhat of an expert simply by stepping in and meeting a need that base missionaries German and Karina Herman told her about.  Once she landed in Argentina instead of becoming overwhelmed with the endless array of service opportunities Lauren just rolled up her sleeves and dove in.  Since serving in Argentina Lauren has developed a website and facebook for the mission base while serving as the primary Social Media Director.  Lauren has posted countless photos and created numerous videos featuring some of the impoverished communities in Argentina just minutes from lavish downtown area in Cordoba. Lauren also participates with community outreach projects. She helps with food and clothing distribution,  teaches bible studies and English while giving out lots encouragement, hugs and prayers!  
 Video created by Lauren  "Los Galopos" ("Let's Walk Together") http://vimeo.com/56656129    
                                   
Take a moment to pray and thank God for Short-term Missionary Lauren Lee.  Thank God for one life that is making such an impact for the Kingdom of God and in the lives of so many.  Pray also for direction as Lauren and new missionary friend "Alex" pray about a "next step" in missionary service back to Argentina.
Check out more stories on God at work on Lauren's blog...
http://laurenjlee.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/when-i-allowed-god-to-change-my-heart/http://laurenjlee.wordpress.com/it-all-began-with-a-prayer-2/


No comments:

Post a Comment