Monday, August 27, 2012

The Summit

For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end.  - Hebrews 3:14

See not the small trials and vexations of each hour of the day.  See the one purpose and plan to which all are leading.  If in climbing a mountain you keep your eyes on each stony or difficult place as you ascend, seeing only that, how weary and profitless your climb!  But if you think of each step as leading to the summit of achievement, from which glories and beauties will open out before you, them your climb will be so different.

_______________

Consider:

Am I focused on the small pitfalls and inconveniences along the way, or on the destination to which God is leading me?

Pray: 

God, guide my way, keeping my eyes on Your path, my mind focused on Your plan and the purpose You have made for me.




__
taken from "God Calling," written by Two Listeners and edited by A.J. Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment