Thursday, July 19, 2012

Marcia in El Salvador

Ellen 









Marcia and Ellen in the Finance department wanted to blog today, but they're really busy. So...I said I would do it for them. Little do they know that I am blogging about them!

Do you know that Marcia (our Finance manager) is a pastor's wife? Yep - Twin Cities Christian Church in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Her husband, Pastor Mike, is an awesome preacher. I went to a funeral he officiated and his message was amazing...I mean amazing.

Anyway, Marcia is also CFCI's official soup maker. Whenever we have potluck day, we can count on a delicious soup from her. She also sews (made the dresses for her daughter's wedding), bakes cakes, and crafts our Christmas gifts each year.

Call her sometime - 402 592 8332 - and tell her what a great job she is doing!

As for Ellen - our Finance assistant - she is a vibrant young woman with lots of energy. I think her faith comes into the room before she does! She is also the finance person for her church - Calvary Chapel in Omaha. She leads Bible studies and small groups. Ellen played soccer in college so beware of her kick!

In addition to her energy, she has brought us a lot of technical knowledge. She caught right on to our new financial software system and has been instrumental in getting us to online receipting. She also keeps us laughing. Call Ellen sometime (same number as above) and make HER laugh!

My office is next to the Finance office so I hear everything...which isn't much, let me tell you. They are very quiet - nose-to-the-grindstone workers. And they are always very busy. We appreciate them very much.

We love you, Marcia and Ellen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment